Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hat Box Creation!

So a couple months ago I ran across this cute little hat box at the thrift store for $1
It had some stains on it and I wasn't particularly fond of the color either. Sooo... I was on a mission to change that!
I ran to Hobby Lobby the other day and grabbed this super cute damask fabric (after debating in the fabric aisle for 30 minutes on just exactly what color I wanted it to be!) And this is how it turned out. 
I still can't decide if I should do something else to it. I made a few fabric rosetta flowers and thought it would be cute to put a few on there...
BUT now I'm thinking it may be even better to 1) cover the whole outer top with them 2) cover the entire lid with them or 3) take them off and cover the lip of the lid with them... SO, what do you think? cover, leave or take them off?

2 comments:

  1. Great idea!! I think you should cover the top of the lid with them. It will add a little flare to the box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cover the Lip only. That way if you display you can see the flowers. Love your blog! Great Ideas!

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete